Are you in the market for a new home? You have two choices: buy an existing home or choose one of the many Greensboro homebuilders to build you a custom home. Going with a custom home definitely has its perks. Searching for existing homes can be frustrating when none of them meet your needs. A custom home may take longer, but the time is well worth it. Consider these 7 reasons to build a custom home.
- Lot choice. Before you even decide what kind of house you want, you can choose a lot that you like first. Choose a piece of land that is the size you want and has the kind of natural landscape you’re looking for.
- Home designed your way. Custom means every detail, feature, and option is chosen by you from the layout of the floor plan to the building materials. Having choices may be the very best part of the custom home process.
- Better quality. When you take the time to find a reputable builder, you know you’re getting quality craftsmanship. You can look at pictures of homes the builder has previously built, read reviews from former customers, and even tour homes built by the builder in many cases. With an existing home it’s hard to be sure it’s not shoddily built under a fresh coat of paint.
- Latest technology. Your new custom home can include the latest technology from smart home systems to state of the art appliances, without having to pay for additional upgrades on top of the price you’re already paying for an existing home.
- Unique style. If you have a particular vision for your ideal home, a custom home builder can design it to look the way you want from the outside in. Only consider Greensboro homebuilders whose building styles are already similar to your taste or who can easily create any style you may want.
- Lower energy bills. A new custom home will naturally be more energy efficient, and your builder can even put an extra focus on efficiency if that’s a priority for you. From the home design to the insulation to the appliances, energy efficiency can be incorporated throughout your home.
- Plan for the future. Consider the fact that you may want to stay in this home for the rest of your life. If aging in place is your ultimate goal, be sure to convey that to your builder who can design your home to be fully accessible during all stages of life and health.
Choose Don Mills, one of the Best Greensboro Homebuilders, to Create your Dream Home
Get the home you’ve always dreamed of, not something that’s just close to it. You’re investing in property for the future, whether you spend the rest of your life there or end up selling it sometime down the road. Don Mills, one of the top Greensboro homebuilders, has created and brought to life the dreams of many satisfied homeowners for decades. An original Don Mills home is built with the finest quality materials and craftsmanship. To get started creating your custom home, call (336) 362-1777.