Do you want your new home to have cutting-edge features? Flooring material is one of the ways homeowners are making their custom homes unique. Consider the top flooring trends of 2018 and discuss your favorites with your custom home builders in Greensboro, NC.
- Reclaimed Wood. True reclaimed wood offers a rustic but classy look in your home. It is durable and beautiful, making it a popular choice for homeowners. A factory-finished option is available that is even more durable and economical.
- American-Made Hardwood. Traditional hardwood floors are hard to beat from a standpoint of longevity. Wood floors have been in homes for hundreds of years and seem to never go out of style. And you support the national economy when you purchase American-made wood flooring. The wood comes from North American forests that are well-replenished.
- Bamboo. Get the hardwood floor look with an even harder material. Bamboo is extremely strong and resistant to scratching and denting. However, moisture is its one weakness, so it’s best to avoid bamboo in bathrooms and kitchens.
- Large Tile. Whether ceramic or porcelain, tile floors are durable and resistant to moisture. While tile has been around a long time, the new trend is in the sizing. Large tiles are being used to fill expansive spaces and to cut down on the number of grout lines that need to be cleaned.
- Cork. Comfortable to walk on and sound absorbent, cork is an increasingly popular flooring material. It is available in a variety of colors and is more durable than it was in the past. However, it is susceptible to moisture and fading.
- Vinyl. Contrary to cork, vinyl stands up well to moisture, making it an ideal option for bathrooms, kitchens, and utility rooms. It mimics the look of hardwood floors but is softer and quieter to walk on.
- Patterned Carpet. When you prefer a softer, plush floor for some rooms, whether the living room, bedrooms, or a den, carpet is still a great option. The cut-and-loop style of carpeting that is currently trending allows for the creation of patterns within the carpet, which adds texture to the room.
- Concrete. A concrete floor would be more suitable for commercial buildings, right? Not so. Concrete floors are being incorporated into homes more and more and the options are pretty amazing. Polished concrete can look as elegant as marble and makes a great first impression in an elaborate foyer. Colors and even patterns can be dyed into concrete to create artistic masterpieces within the floor.
The Right Custom Home Builders in Greensboro, NC can Install a Variety of Flooring Materials in New Homes
If any of these flooring options speak to you, or even if you have other ideas, experienced custom home builders in Greensboro, NC can include your favorites in your home design plans. Don Mills Builders will build your dream home with all the styles and features you have in mind. Your vision can come alive in an original home that will both impress your guests and support your daily life. Call (336) 643-3503 to get started building your dreams today.